QEEG brain mapping workshop
QEEG brain map or quantitative electroencephalography or BEAM brain electrical activity map is an improved form of electroencephalography or EEG. Its process is such that the EEG information obtained from the brain surface, after being subjected to one of the signal processing methods, becomes a spatial (topographical) display of brain activity or seizures (American Institute of Medicine, 2008). The obtained images are specified as a map (diagram) of the brain and the information is analyzed based on the size of the domain, frequency and location of activity. These obtained raw data are then compared with the brain waves of the normal population, and in this way, the specific type of seizure, location and possible medical and psychiatric disease are determined.
The purpose of the QEEG workshop is to acquaint the participants with how to obtain the QEEG report and analyze the information obtained from it, as well as the applications of this method in clinical and research fields.
- If you are not able to participate in the workshop after registration, you can coordinate with the group so that the amount paid for the next course will be included without deducting the fee. 5.
Participants with relevant education will be awarded a certificate of participation in the course by Farmed Academy as the exclusive representative of the American Applied Neuroscience company, the manufacturer of the Neuroguide software, and the exclusive representative of the BFE European Biofeedback Foundation, as well as Shahid Beheshti University’s Brain and Cognitive Sciences Research Institute.
The education of the participants should be in one of the following:
– Medicine (psychiatry, neurology, etc.)
– Psychology (all trends)
– Cognitive Sciences
– Rehabilitation (occupational therapy, speech therapy, etc.)
– Physical education, sports physiology
– Other fields related to neuroscience and health (audiology, etc.)
At least a bachelor’s degree is required.
- Passing the neurofeedback course is mandatory for non-medical majors who are not familiar with EEG.
- Other interested parties can contact the collection to find out about the conditions of receiving the certificate.
Duration of the workshop: 2 days / 10 hours (Thursday and Friday)
Workshop hours: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m
How to conduct it: online using the Adobe Connect platform (training on how to access the software is sent to participants, and support for correct and quality connection is provided by our colleagues before the start of the course.)
- International system of 10-20 electrodes on the head
- Recording of brain waves in different conditions and types of artifacts and their effect on the recorded wave
- Concepts and indicators of QEEG
- Editing and analysis of obtained brain waves and creation of initial report by Neuroguide software
- QEEG findings in different disorders
- Effects of drugs on PharmacoEEG brain waves