ERP event-dependent potential workshop
Early studies that tested raw EEG sought to characterize changes in electrical activity during sensory processing and simple cognitive functions by noting the time of stimulus presentation and the tasks being performed. However, when scientists used the ERP event-related potential signal averaging technique, this method quickly became a major tool in cognitive neuroscience research. Despite the progress of imaging methods of the nervous system, some advantages of the ERP technique have caused it to continue its path in becoming one of the most widely used methods for studying the architecture of cognitive processing.
In this course, all topics related to this technique, from the design of cognitive tasks to the analysis and comparison of the output information, are taught to the participants theoretically and practically.
- If you are not able to participate in the workshop after registration, you can coordinate with the group so that the amount paid for the next course will be included without deducting the fee.
Participants with relevant education will be awarded a certificate of participation in the course by Farmed School and Tehran University Counseling Center.
Those interested must have completed the QEEG brain mapping course.
Neurologists and applicants with experience working with EEG brain waves are exempt from this clause.
The education of the participants should be in one of the following:
– Medicine (psychiatry, neurology, etc.)
– Psychology (all trends)
– Cognitive Sciences
– Rehabilitation (occupational therapy, speech therapy, etc.)
– Physical education, sports physiology
– Other fields related to neuroscience and health (audiology, etc.)
At least a bachelor’s degree is required.
Other interested parties can contact the collection to find out about the conditions of receiving the certificate.
Duration of the workshop: 3 days / 24 hours (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday)
Workshop hours: 8 to 16
- A review of QEEG/EEG qualitative and quantitative electroencephalography
- Familiarity with the basic concepts of ERP event-dependent advanced potential technique
- Introducing paradigms and tasks required in ERP
- Neurological origins of ERP
- Introducing the equipment needed for EEG/ERP recording and getting to know them
- Practical training on task design with PsyTask software
- Practical training of EEG analysis with WinEEG software to extract components
- Introducing the application of ERP in clinical and research fields