Biofeedback of HRV heart rate variability
The purpose of this course is how to use biofeedback to teach clients how to control their breathing. By using the specialized HRV Suite, the therapist can have a comprehensive assessment of the client’s physiological changes during breathing in different conditions and analyze it in the form of reports and diagrams. Then, by using specific treatment windows, teach clients breathing control techniques and regulation in order to achieve optimal HRV. In this course, the physiological parameters of breathing, heart rate and blood pressure and their application in other psychological disorders such as anxiety and depression as well as physical disorders such as essential blood pressure, irritable bowel syndrome, etc. are presented.
- If you are not able to participate in the workshop after registration, you can coordinate with the group so that the amount paid for the next course will be included without deducting the fee.
Participants with relevant education will be awarded a certificate of participation in the course by Farmed Academy as the exclusive representative of BFE European Biofeedback Foundation and Shahid Beheshti University Cognitive and Brain Sciences Research Institute.
The education of the participants should be in one of the following:
– Medicine (psychiatry, neurology, etc.)
– Psychology (all trends)
– Cognitive Sciences
– Rehabilitation (occupational therapy, speech therapy, etc.)
– Physical education, sports physiology
– Other fields related to neuroscience and health (audiology, etc.)
- At least a bachelor’s degree is required.
- Other interested parties can contact the collection to find out about the conditions of receiving the certificate.
Duration of the workshop: 2 days / 10 hours (Thursday and Friday)
Workshop hours: 9 to 14
How to conduct it: online using the Adobe Connect platform (training on how to access the software is sent to participants, and support for correct and quality connection is provided by our colleagues before the start of the course.)
Dr. Mahdia Rahmanian
PhD in Clinical Psychology from University of Delhi, India
Faculty member of Payam Noor University of Tehran
Official lecturer of the European Biofeedback Foundation in Iran and the Middle East
- Familiarity with basic physiology and its relationship with biofeedback
- Physiology of respiratory systems, heart rate and blood pressure HRV
- Evaluation of breathing pattern and HRV level of clients in different conditions
- Obtaining different HRV indices such as LF, VLF, HF and…
- Examining the optimal breathing pattern to achieve optimal HRV in each client
- Teaching self-regulation to clients to control the breathing pattern
- Clinical application of breathing biofeedback and HRV in psychological disorders and psychosomatic diseases
This course is held with Thought Technology hardware (ProComp device) and Biograph Infiniti software.