rTMS brain magnetic stimulation workshop
Magnetic stimulation of the brain, after years of research, has now opened a place for itself as one of the methods of intervention in the treatment of psychological diseases. The known functions of this method in the treatment of clinical disorders so far include movement and speech disorders caused by strokes, tinnitus, Parkinson’s, nervous tics, and in the field of psychological applications of this treatment method, specific stimulation of the brain region involved in psychological disease can also be used. He specifically mentioned schizophrenia. There are proven treatment protocols with this method in the treatment of diseases such as addiction, major depression, bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, etc.
This course aims to introduce the principles of working with TMS and familiarization with appropriate therapeutic protocols in a theoretical-practical manner.
- If you are not able to participate in the workshop after registration, you can coordinate with the group so that the amount paid for the next course will be included without deducting the fee.
Participants with relevant education will be awarded a certificate of participation in the course by the Farmed Academy and the Brain and Cognitive Sciences Research Institute of Shahid Beheshti University.
The education of the participants should be in one of the following:
– Medicine (psychiatry, neurology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, etc.)
– Psychology (all trends)
– Cognitive Sciences
– Rehabilitation (occupational therapy, speech therapy, etc.)
– Neuroscience and cognitive science
– Other fields related to neuroscience and health (audiology, etc.)
- At least a bachelor’s degree is required.
- It should be noted that people who intend to participate in this course as device users must have medical expertise in all related fields or work under the supervision of a doctor as a device operator.
- Other interested parties can contact the collection to find out about the conditions of receiving the certificate.
Duration of the workshop: 2 days / 16 hours (Thursday and Friday)
Workshop hours: 8 to 16
Dr. Abbas Ali Asadi
PhD in psychiatry
Lecturer of courses and workshops on magnetic brain stimulation methods at Hamedan and Kerman universities of medical sciences
- Physics principles of brain magnetic stimulation
- Familiarity with the types of settings of magnetic brain stimulation devices
- Learning to locate different brain areas and the location of coils on the head
- How to calculate the excitability of MT cerebral cortex
- Methods of using TMS as a tool for early diagnosis of diseases
- Practical training on how to work with the device and find the stimulation threshold of people
- Familiarity with emergency cases and complications caused by brain magnetic stimulation and their management
- Introduction to TMS Navigation
- Acquaintance with studies and future hopes for the application of TMS
- An overview of treatment protocols for mental illnesses, anxiety disorders and personality disorders, food cravings and substance abuse and stroke rehabilitation, pain management and headaches.